There’s a trim available for each type of Regina, Saskatoon, and Swift Current driver, whether you’re after a budget-friendly model or a feature-packed model.
- S – $32,698
- SV – $37,398
- SL – $30,548
100 Percent Electric Power
The 2016 LEAF is the only 100 percent all electric vehicle in the Nissan lineup, and it’s equipped with an 80 kW AC synchronous electric motor that delivers up to 107 horsepower. With the S trim, you’ll find a 24 kWh lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery to help keep its charge going, while the SV and SL trims have a larger 30 kWh Li-ion battery. This system makes the LEAF a Zero Emissions Vehicle (ZEV), making it one of the eco-friendliest vehicles on the roads of Regina and Saskatoon.
The rechargeable battery can be charged overnight in the home charging station or at any recharging stations located throughout Canada which you can find through the Nissan LEAF® NissanConnect EV® system.
On a single charge, you will get up to 172 km of range to go wherever the wind takes you. You also don’t ever have to worry about oil changes or frequent tune-ups as there is no oil and hardly any moving parts involved with a 100 percent electric power system.
It’s not only the 100 percent electric motor that makes the 2016 Nissan LEAF efficient, it’s also a number of advanced features that add to its range, including:
- Aerodynamic Body: The shape of the LEAF was designed to minimize wind resistance and reduce drag, while increasing efficiency and minimizing wind noise as well.
- Regenerative Braking: When you apply the brakes or are coasting along, energy is captured from the system and recycled back into the battery to further elongate the battery life.
- Lithium-Ion Battery: This special type of battery is half the weight of other electric batteries which helps to make the LEAF lighter and even more efficient.
- Solar Spoiler: The available solar spoiler captures energy from the sun while driving and turns it into power for things like the stereo, climate control, and headlights.
Once you slip inside the 2016 Nissan LEAF, you’ll be equally as impressed with its interior as you are with the technology under the hood. Even the base S trim comes with a number of high-end features including:
- Rearview Monitor
- Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Start
- Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System
- Heated front and rear seats
- Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel
For an even more luxurious ride, Regina, Saskatoon, and Swift Current drivers should opt for the SL trim which comes with upgraded features like:
- Around View® Monitor
- HomeLink® Universal Transceiver
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Leather-appointed seats
For a smaller vehicle, the LEAF sure knows how to pack in the entertainment technology. You’ll find the Hands-Free Text Messaging Assistant, SiriusXM, and a 5-inch color monitor as standard, or if you upgrade to the top of the line, you can add:
- 7-inch color monitor
- Bose® Premium Audio System
- Seven speakers
- Nissan Navigation System with 178 mm colour monitor
- Nissan Voice Recognition for navigation and audio
The Nissan Navigation System pinpoints your location using GPS and illustrates your electric driving range on the display, adjusting the distance and battery life in real-time. It also shows you on the map where the nearest charging stations are within your range.
As safety is a top priority when you get behind the wheel of any vehicle, it should come as no surprise that the 2016 Nissan LEAF offers all the latest in safety. Each LEAF, no matter the trim, comes with:
- Six standard airbags
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Easy Fill Tire Alert
Although the 2016 LEAF appears like it wouldn’t hold a whole lot of cargo, it’s unique shape creatively conceals extra space for all of your belongings. Not only will you be able to carry up to five passengers, but you’ll also be able to take along up to 668 L (23.6 cubic feet) of cargo. Fold the rear seat with the handy 60/40 split-fold down feature and expand that space right up to 849 L (30 cubic feet).
Test-Drive the 2016 Nissan LEAF at Knight Nissan Today
Now that you’ve read about all the benefits of owning a 2016 Nissan LEAF, it’s time to take one out to see if it’s the right fit for you. Regina, Saskatoon, and Swift Current customers can come down to the showroom or contact us online to arrange a test-drive today. We hope to see you soon!