How to Maintain Your Nissan’s Value
Purchasing a new vehicle is one of the biggest investments many of us will make, and maintaining the resale value is an important part of vehicle ownership. When and if you decide to sell your vehicle, you’re going to want it to look like new. If you follow these simple steps put together by our staff from Knight Nissan in Swift Current, you should be able to keep your car in near-perfect condition!
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule and keep records of all repairs and services. Servicing your vehicle regularly not only helps you avoid more costly repairs, but keeping all of the records shows potential buyers that you have kept the vehicle in good condition. Buyers are willing to pay more for a vehicle if they know it has been properly maintained.
- Drive carefully to avoid excessive wear and tear on your vehicle. Aggressive driving, driving too fast on badly maintained roads, and towing more weight than your vehicle can handle can cause damage and lower its value.
- Keep your vehicle clean, inside and out. Whether you do it yourself or have a professional do it for you, detail it frequently. Regular washing will also help to remove salt deposits that can lead to rust. Also, remember to apply a coat of wax routinely to protect the paint from UV rays, salt, and other environmental damages.
- Avoid eating, drinking, and smoking in your car if possible. Spills, stains, and odors can all reduce the resale value of the vehicle.
- Avoid damaging the finish of the vehicle. Allowing things like tree sap or bird droppings to sit on the paint will damage the finish over time and reduce the resale value. Clean off any sap or droppings off of the paint immediately and apply touch-up paint if you notice a chip. If you find any damage you are unable to take care of yourself, take your car to a professional as soon as possible.
- Consider purchasing an extended service plan. Nissan offers a selection of plans that will assist in extending the life and preserving the value of your car. For more information on extended service plans, visit your local Nissan dealer, Knight Nissan. We can assist you in selecting the plan that will best suit your needs
Maintain Your Vehicle at Knight Nissan
Whether you are a current owner of a Nissan or you just want to be, Knight Nissan of Swift Current is here to assist you. We have a great selection of brand new Nissan vehicles in stock now, as well as an extensive pre-owned inventory full of all kinds of makes and models. Visit us Monday through Saturday to browse our lot!