Nissan Titan XD vs. Toyota Tundra
2016 Nissan Titan XD
2016 Toyota Tundra
The 2016 Nissan Titan XD ably outperforms the substandard 2016 Toyota Tundra, leaving Regina and Swift Currents drivers with little doubt which is the better truck. In fact, people all over North America have become similarly convinced; the Titan XD is both Cars.com’s Pick-up of the Year and the 2015 Texas Truck of the Year. Here’s a quick overview of how it outfoxes competitors like the Tundra.
The 2016 Nissan Titan XD allows Regina and Swift Current drivers to choose between two top-of-the-line V8 engines:
- 5.6L Endurance V8: Even the standard engine is able to put up to 390 horsepower and a stunning 401 lb-ft of torque at your disposal.
- Cummins 5.0L DOHC V8 Turbo Diesel: Able to command up to 310 horsepower and an astonishing 555 lb-ft of torque, the Turbo Diesel engine is unparalleled and unwavering.
Just a quick look at the engines of the 2016 Toyota Tundra is enough to show how far ahead of the pack the Titan XD really is:
- 4.6L i-FORCE V8: An output of 310 horsepower 327 lb-ft of torque means that the standard engine seems vastly underpowered compared to that of the Titan XD.
- 5.7L i-FORCE V8: Generating just 381 horsepower and 401 lb-ft of torque, the Tundra’s available engine matches neither the horses of the XD’s standard powerplant or the awesome torque of its available Turbo Diesel.
With that kind of power divide, it should come as no surprise to learn that the 2016 Nissan Titan XD is hugely more capable than the 2016 Toyota Tundra in terms of both towing and carrying.
Here’s how they break down:
- Maximum Towing: The Tundra is able to tow up to a maximum of 4,760 kg (10,500 lb), while the XD can haul an immense 5,460 kg (12,037 lb)
- Maximum Payload: While the Tundra can carry up to 855 kg (1,895 lb), the XD goes much further by allowing for up to 1,145 kg (2,523 lb)
Nissan Exclusive Features
The 2016 Nissan Titan XD clearly provides Regina and Swift Current drivers with the kind of power they need to get any job done in a hurry, and it also offers a full range of outstanding truck-bed options, including:
- Utili-Track Cargo System: Large aluminum-alloy securing cleats can be positioned anywhere along 5 channels on the wall or the floor.
- Available Titan Box: Handy in-bed boxes offer lockable, removable storage space.
- Sliding Bed Extender: Adjust the Sliding Extender at any location along the Utili-Track Channel system for greater versatility.
Not one of these features is available with the 2016 Toyota Tundra.
Find Your 2016 Nissan Titan XD by Coming Down to Knight Nissan
The 2016 Nissan Titan XD currently dominates the showroom here at Knight Nissan and on the roads of Regina and Swift Current; if you’d like to experience its unrivalled power and check out its exclusive features, just pay us a visit today.