2016 Nissan Murano vs. 2016 Nissan Juke
Regina and Swift Current drivers looking for a crossover have both the 2016 Nissan Juke and the 2016 Nissan Murano to choose from. The Juke’s striking body and innovative design choices mark it out from the crowd, while the Murano delivers fantastic interior space and power to spare. Here’s how the two stack up against each other.
Power and Capability
The 2016 Nissan Juke’s eye-catching style conceals one of two engaging powertrains:
- 1.6L Four-Cylinder: Offers an output equal to 188 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque. It also earns up to 8.5 L/100 km in the city and 6.9 on the highway.
- 1.6L Four-Cylinder NISMO: NISMO models utilize turbocharging and direct-injection to harness up to 215 horsepower and 210 lb-ft of torque.
That puts the Juke near the top of the compact crossover class; nothing else really rivals its agile and potent ride. However, the Murano delivers a greater degree of power as standard. In fact, each model makes up to 260 horsepower and 240 lb-ft of torque thanks to the 3.5L V6 engine, plus a towing capacity of up to 680 kg (1,500 lbs.). Efficiency peaks at 11 in the city and 8.2 on the highway.
Interior Space and Versatility
Just a quick comparison of the Murano’s and the Juke’s respective interior specs should be enough to convince drivers that the former will be a better pick if they need plenty of cargo space:
- Cargo Volume with Rear Seat Up: Up to 908 L (32.1 cubic feet) with the Murano vs. 297 L (10.5 cubic feet) with the Juke.
- Cargo Volume with Rear Seat Down: Up to 1,897 L (67 cubic feet) with the Murano vs. 1,017 L (35.9 cubic feet) with the Juke.
However, the Juke’s interior is a little more striking than that of the Murano, with a slick center console and motorsport-inspired controls and gauges.
Comfort and Convenience Features
Both the 2016 Nissan Murano and the 2016 Nissan Juke come with a wide array of premium features as standard, including:
- Heated Front Seats
- Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System
- Rearview Monitor
- Nissan Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition
Each crossover can also put you in contact with some of the latest automotive technologies, the Around View Monitor with Moving Object Detection among them. It provides a complete virtual bird’s eye view of your surroundings, and even lets you know if moving objects enter that area.
However, the 2016 Murano does offer some advantages over the Juke. For example, it fits a Nissan Navigation System as standard, allowing Regina and Swift Current drivers to input a destination using either the 8-inch multi-touch monitor or Voice Recognition technology.
Find Both the 2016 Murano and the 2016 Juke at Knight Nissan
The Murano will be perfect for Regina and Swift Current drivers looking for high-end power and plenty of cargo space, while the iconic Juke is ideal for anyone who wants a stylish and efficient crossover. If you’re still not sure which one is for you, just take a couple of test-drives at Knight Nissan today.